Sunday, December 28, 2008
1) We went to the "Bethlehem Walk" at a church. Another "free" thing and of course something I love. So as a family we went, and walked with Greyson and Ragon on a "search" to find the Messiah. I was so excited to get to Jesus. I just knew that Ragon would say something sweet, like say "Baby Desus" (this is what she calls Jesus)....what did I get? DONKEY and then what I believe to be the "hee haw" sound a donkey makes.....no sweet moments that night.
2) We go to church on Christmas Eve. The children are going to do an impromptu of the Christmas Story. So as the lady sits to read and the children get up to act, I hear a weird sound. I shrug it off and continue to listen. The children then move closer to our row....and again, I hear a sound. Feeling like a fifth grader for thinking that I heard someone fart, I snickered a little and shut it down fearing a scowling look from the elders. And then again, and this time it was unmistakable....that kid farted and it was loud....right in the middle of the pageant. This time my brother in law and I absolutely lost it. I had tears rolling down my face....no friends, there would not be a special moment at church either....just me, laughing at a six year old who farted....I will grow up one day.
3) I had been looking forward to Ragon getting a special "Barbie" ride on car. It is battery operated, and I just knew she would love it. Nope...scared to death....I had to settle for her pushing the button and running along side of it. I know...she is weird.
4) My final moment, my son's baby dedication. It was supposed to be today. Notice I said "supposed" ...that would be because at about 5:30 last night. Ragon got super cuddly, and stopped her running and playing and wanted me to "Hold You" and it wasn't for five seconds, it was for twenty minutes. I knew this was going bad, we got home, within minutes, she barfed all over David. We divided, I don't know that we conquered. But she was fine this morning, problem? Greyson decided he needed to eat every two hours....I felt like someone had kicked me in the head....but so far, we haven't spread the stomach flu....we are praying it sticks to one member of the fam!
So here's to hoping you all made some precious memories and had precious moments with your family. I did....but those were the funniest!
Update on the Essure: In case you were wondering. Not a dadgum thing. Still doesn't hurt, never did, only slight bleeding after procedure. Never even took another alieve after I left the office. This procedure rocked!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am not going to call this weird, just funny how God works. I hope that I don't make a fool of myself, but neat things happened this last week. As you know, we have been trying to sell our house. Somewhere around September 12th, 2008 we put our house on the market. My sister and her rockin' team worked their hiney's off for a whole 45 days before my little man decided to make a surprise entrance! We quickly pulled it off the market and decided to put it on the market January 1. When Laura listed the house, I put a link to her website on Craigslist. I don't know why I did this. Not that I felt Laura didn't do a good job. I just felt compelled to do EVERYTHING I could to help her sell the house. We did, this house was immaculate for 45 days straight, you could eat off my floors! ANYWHO- after one stinky offer (it was so bad we didn't even counteroffer, but to say, "we are glad you liked our house") Anyway - the craigslist expired and I somehow re-posted the listing. (Neat thing #1) All of the sudden, people started e-mailing me about the house (no one had EVER responded before). Anyway - long story short, yesterday we showed the house to a young couple who loved it. Why is this weird?
#2 (already did #1) My house is not in "showing condition" right now, but they decided to come on a day I am home alone with Grey, so I had already made significant progress cleaning out my house.
#3 I JUST (on Saturday) had the floors in our house re-sealed (I hadn't done this in the 2 years we lived here)
#4 They wanted to see the house at 6:30 pm, Ragon goes to bed at 7:00....oddly enough, my mother in law had asked if she could spend the night that night, so I didn't have to worry about her.
#5 I hadn't finished Grey's nursery, so it looked a little WT, I had been cleaning it all morning, and I had been waiting for drapes for his room for TWO WEEKS, they came in two hours before the couple arrived.
#6 TWO more couples are coming by to see the house.
#7 We had this hanger in our shower for towels that David had been trying to fix for ages, you guessed it, he somehow was able to get the screw fixed YESTERDAY.
#8 I had prayed so hard for our house to sell, but it didn't. I couldn't figure out what God was doing. You tell me....the interest rates when we put the house on the market are 6.5%, they are now at 5%, and if we sell it FSBO we will stand to make more (Although we plan on a significant TIP for our realtor's for the ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS job they did.) I told Laura I was embarrassed with how hard they worked to sell the house and it didn't sell....
Anyway it occurred to me, with the more money that we might make, and with the drop in interest.....we might just buy the bigger house.....with room for....a pool table...you thought I was going to say more kids, didn't you? Anyway - I really feel like God is all over this....I don't believe in jinxing things, so if it doesn't work out, I still know God had a plan...but how crazy was that day? Just kept making me think in my head, "But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
1. Bethleham Walk - Date : December 4 - 7, 2008. Location : Christview Christian Church - 2525 S. GarnettWeb : http://www.christveiwchristian.com December 4th & 5th - 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. December 6th & 7th - 5:30 to 8:30 P.M. Please call the Reservation Hotline at 918-407-9195 . This is the live nativity scene, with real animals and real people. We used to go to this when we were little, and I loved it!
2. Festival of Lights Christmas Parade, December 5th, 7 pm, downtown Sand Springs.
3. Skiatook Christmas Parade and Santa Shop - December 6th, I can't find out when this one starts but looks fun!
4. Winterfest Christmas Parade - December 6th, 6 pm, Downtown Sapulpa (Taft Street - Dewey Avenue).
5. Civitans Annual Christmas Parade - December 6th, 10 am. Main Street Broken Arrow - if you want to go to this, I think David might be taking Ragon. You can e-mail me and possibly sit in David's Law Office (right on Main) and watch the parade while sipping hot cocoa and staying warm!
That should keep you busy this weekend. Remember the best website for events in Tulsa. http://www.visittulsa.com/events.asp?id=11
Another thing I promised to do, and that was pray. Just wanted you to know that those of you who have asked me to pray, I have continually prayed for you since I promised. That is not to say that I have NEVER fallen asleep while talking to God, but I get the prayers in at least four times a night! Please keep me up to date on your requests!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1. Mornings: When Greyson gets up to nurse, David goes and gets Ragon and her "miwk" (milk) and we all lie in our bed and watch Toons.
2. Summers by the Pool: I love it in the summers when my sissy's and I just hang out at the pool, it is fun to watch the kids play, but more fun when we put them down for naps and then line up the monitors and catch some rays!
3. Blogging: Duh...you had to know I would say this. I have met wonderful new friends and actually become friends with my sister's friends, and then I have gotten (not a word but I like it) back in touch with old friends, like Jen and Val.
4. Consignment Shopping: I don't know what is wrong with me. I started learning to save money really well by my sister Laura, and then some Type A part of me took it psycho, where I can't buy anything new...unless it is WAY marked down. I do e-bay, craigslist, I even found a maternity consignment store, that ROCKED! I get so excited to purchase clothes cheap! I even bought a Christmas present for Ragon - USED!
5. Cooking: I love to cook. I don't really do anything fancy, however Laura says it is. If I give her a recipe with more than five ingredients then she calls it gourmet!
So there it is. Now I must challenge five people to do their fav five! So here it goes:
1. Molly - my only sister who is seriously committed to blogging (however, with Lukes arrival, I think Laura is going to make a come back).
2. Jen - My old friend a suite mate from OBU. Don't believe anything she says about me, especially if I end up being naked in the story.....
3. Dee - My sweet sister in law, who started a blog about my cutie patootie niece and hasn't updated in two weeks...shamey shamey!
4. Karissa - My oldest and dearest friend. Who also started a blog. You will notice her...she is ALWAYS at the bottom of the list. I am leaning on her to update!
5. Terra - Actually my little sister Molly's friend, but who I now consider my friend too. Except for the fact that she had a baby AFTER me and is a skinny penny....
While I am at it, get to know me....
What is your husband's name? David
How long have you been married? 5 1/2 years.
How long did you date? Well in total we dated about two years, but one of those we were engaged!
How old is he? 33, what? Say it...I know - I robbed the cradle...but only by 18 months!
Who is taller? He is by a bunch!
Who can sing best? I wouldn't know...he refuses to sing....in church, if he starts to sing and I stop to hear him...he stops...he whistles real well though!
Who is smarter? Hands down he is. Must be all that fancy Holland Hall edumacation (yes I meant to spell it wrong).
Who does the laundry? I think David believes that his hands would fall off if he actually attempted to FOLD the laundry. But he will take seven pieces, throw it in the washer and dryer and then leave it in a laundry basket for me....do I sound bitter?
Who pays the bills? Big Daddy does....
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? When you are looking at the bed I am on the right. I don't know how it got that way, we just crawled into bed when we got married, and that is where I landed.
Who mows the lawn? David's Brother Mike....
Who cooks the meals? Mamacita! He does some, and he does all the grilling. But for the most part, big mama does the cooking.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably me, but it is because I am wrong more often. So David has a rough time admitting when he is wrong.
Who kissed who first? He did, at the Grey Snail...real romantic, huh?
Who wears the pants? Ummmm...probably David. We are more like partners, but when it comes down to a tie, usually he makes the call. But he doesn't really ever make me feel like he is "the boss". He is definitely the financial provider, the calm one. I am more the dreamer....
If you haven't already participated, give it a whirl!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Would I be thankful if bad things had happened to me? My life has been easy. Sure I struggled with infertility - but come on...it was only three years, and I have two kids now. Big whoop. I read a blog today about being thank FOR everything, not just IN everything. I thought to myself, that was easy....My life has been relatively easy. But can I just be honest for a second? Do I really want to know? I don't....not because I don't want God's will. I do. I look back on the tough times my life...rough marriage times, David's burns, our infertility....but that is kind of it. They were rough at the time....but as I sit here tonight, I really don't have anything that was so bad, that I have to work at thanking God for it....so why am I writing this? Because I am scared.....I don't want to be tested. I don't want God to "check and see" if I will be faithful, thankful, loyal, praise him, etc. And that makes me ashamed....I don't want to be tested, not because I don't think I will be faithful, but because I don't want to feel the pain of growth. I am weak....
I also recognize that Satan doesn't attack the weak...he attacks the strong....How sad for me to have snuggled into a safe place of being luke warm...where I won't and cannot grow. I recognize I have let the fear take over and am not trusting God, but I am being honest at the feelings I was having tonight as I read the blog. Yes I am thankful, but could I sit here and say to God I would be thankful if he had taken my son at his birth, instead of letting me take him home?.....I hope so...but I just don't know that I could get to thankful....
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Here is the one with the timely bow...
On an entirely separate note, we went to the Jenks Holiday Parade this weekend. Apparently the Parade was for Ragon....to her, a huge group of people came down Main street in Jenks to waive at her....oh to be an only child...she was on her way to realizing the world didn't rotate around her...and then we took her to the parade...
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. Until January 1 (I think - but double check) Bass Pro Shop has a "Christmas" exhibit. And by exhibit I mean an entire area devoted to kids. Not only can you look at the fish, ride the glass elevator up to the "shooting range". They have an area where you can draw pictures for Santa and his elves, make a wish list, sit on Santa's lap and have a picture made and a couple of tables of trains that are low and move around. It is free (I don't know if the pic is free) WARNING: there is also tons of stuff to buy strategically placed for your children to have a melt down about. Have the talk before hand....
2. Saturday: 10 AM Jenks has it's annual Holiday Parade. Free - yet again. You can go the the Kiwana's Pancake Breakfast $4 each.
3. The Mall - always my last resort, because I can spot those booger kids a mile away, but it is free, just bring hand sanitizer....
Another idea: This one costs, but well worth it - Pump It Up and Bounce U have open play times. You can go and only pay for one kiddo $6-7 each kid. Babies that don't walk are free. Pump It Up says you have to be two, but you don't, Ragon went, they leave it to the parent's discretion. We went on Thursday, and it was sooooo stinking worth the $7.
This is the link to Bounce U with times and costs:
This is the link to Pump It Up with times and costs:
One last thing, if you are looking for an events calender for Tulsa, this is the best one that I have found that is online. The Spot with the TW is good, but this online one is pretty nice, and when you click on the "+" sign, it gives you TONS of info.
Please send me your ideas on things to do this winter with the kids that are "cost effective". I am about to go bonkers in my house and need some good play ideas. It is just me and a 21 month old, I can only color and watch Yo Gabba so many times before I lose my mind! If you e-mail me ideas for this weekend or post them in the comments, I will edit and update so everyone can get the info! Beckifrancy@aol.com
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
So I decided after weeks of reading through my fellow blogger's blogs....what can I do for you? Well, I can pray. So there it is. I am up 3-4 times a night and trust me, there isn't a lot to watch in the early a.m. I will admit, I will watch Scrubs, Murphy Brown, Family Matters, but could I be doing something better with my time? Sure - I could pray. Why don't I do some growing of my own while I am up breastfeeding my little dude.
So please, post a comment and let me know how I can pray for you over the next few weeks. I know some might be personal, so feel free to e-mail me instead at email@example.com I don't have to know you. And I assure you I will keep your request confidential if you wish. I am a lawyer, I can keep secrets like no one's business! More importantly - I commit to praying specifically for your need until Jan. 1, 2009. And then I will check in with you. If you are not a believer, I will still pray for you, all you have to do is ask....
Thursday, November 13, 2008
SOOOO..this morning I get up feeling extra thin. I mean I put on a lot less weight with Greyson than I did with Ragon. I went to the doctor yesterday and weighed in at less than I did after Ragon was over two months old...so I am skinny right? I go in my closet and get out my "Fat Girl" jeans....surely these will fit....So I pull on my awesome granny panties with the double pads to cover my c-section incision and well you know where the other one goes....and I pull them up...The go all the way up, I smile at my husband slyly....yes babe...I am sexy...I am thinking to myself! The problem, they in NO WAY are going to button or zip around my saggy belly....My husband being sweet, says, "honey, why don't you put on my jeans"...Now generally I might be offended, but come on, I just had a baby...so I thought...Good Idea...I jump in the shower and ask him to grab my "Fat Girl" jeans and measure them to his and get some that are bigger....as I shower I notice something....complete silence....not a word coming from him, and he was gone a while....finally he pokes his head in the shower and says, "Are you sure you want to wear jeans today?" I about fell down laughing....I interpret this to mean there aren't any jeans that are bigger than my fat girl jeans....I laughed because I wondered how long he stood there thinking of what to say as to not bring a stream of tears....but I have a sense of humor...however, I did picture my sister Molly laying on the ground laughing so hard she almost wet her pants!
I go in the closet determined that even after giving birth I could wear his jeans....I was right...they fit, I don't know which part he was measuring, but I am wearing them...and guess what girls, I look HOT! Okay - maybe not hot, but they aren't maternity!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
During my fast delivery and scary c-section...some amazing things happen to remind me that my God is every constant, faithful and with me....here they are...
Saturday, November 1, 2008
All this to say, pray for me and my family. I hate this part of the process. But I am praying and relying on God to take this from me.
Finally, and a random thought. If you want to think I am weird go ahead, I am used to it. My sister adopted her three children. I learned on her blog that some (adoptive) moms decide to nurse their children. To do this, many use this awesome contraption and other mother's breast milk to get their milk to come in. This round my breast milk is some good stuff. I am talking half and half people. With Ragon it was skim milk. Anyway - all that to say - if you know someone who is adopting and planning on trying to breastfeed, these women have to track down the breast milk. Let me know. Leave a comment, your e-mail, phone or something. But I would love to pump and save up for some mom....Breastfeeding your children is so fun and bonding, and not everyone CAN do it....so if you CAN and you want to.....let me know! And no it isn't for sale, it is a gift....and no I don't need to know them. I learned from a good friend Kim, you don't have to know someone to have an amazing impact on their life.....
Monday, October 27, 2008
Greyson Michael Francy was born just a few minutes ago! He's perfect and they say he looks just like his big sissy did!
He is 7 lbs 2 ounces and 19 inches long! That's great for being so early! Everyone is doing great and I will post pictures as soon as someone sends me some!
Thanks for the prayers!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
And just so you know. I did not make her hair do this. It was in a pony tail and she pulled it out and then rubbed her head on the bed...this is what happened. What was funnier is that she was so confused as to why David and I were laughing so hard we were crying.....
Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Anyway - our last ultrasound is on Tuesday, the 21st. Hopefully - this one will show no previa at all. I went from a partial previa, to a marginal previa. So hopefully when I go in, there will not be a previa and I will be clear to give birth.....well you know. So pray - I have continued to bleed on the weekends (Don't know what that is about) - so hopefully that is a sign the placenta is moving.
Thanks for all the prayers and calls. Will update you soon!
Also - went with my husband to see Fireproof.....LOVED it...I cried. Don't know if this is a reflection of how good the movie is or how hormonal I am. But I do know people who are not pregnant and they loved it as well. Take time to watch it.....if you are married, you go through tough times...all of us do. This is a picker upper. So click on the link and watch it. Special thanks to Tara Schultheis (sp?) I didn't know of the movie until I saw on her blog. Now my entire family has seen it.....For those of you who budget, Cinemark only charges $5 ea. for the first matinee of the day. Usually tickets are $8.50 ea. - so with the price of sitters, etc. Try to hit the matinee!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
This week, I was hospitalized for bleeding, Molly's daughter Sadie has been hospitalized for the past few days for a fever that is still undiagnosed, Laura had a brief scare with hearing her baby's heart beat (don't worry - they got it)...but as I sat there, I refused to be sad or frustrated with God. When my back is killing me and I think indigestion is about to eat a hole in my stomach, I refuse to gripe. After all - I am still pregnant. Please take some time, read this blog from Kim - she (and Lucy and Carter) taught me to be thankful for what I have in life. It is SOOOOO easy to take things for granted. If your child wines and it irritates you - remember that you DO HAVE A CHILD. If your pregnancy is making you miserable - remember that YOU WERE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. If your newborn is keeping you up, remember, someone else would love to be wakened by the cry of their child....This woman really moved me and her story changed me.
To Kim - I hope this is okay - but I couldn't leave it unsaid. I wanted to share your gift with some of my friends. And I figured it was on your blog, so I hope again you understand the extent that your children have forever effected my perspective....I struggled with whether or not to post this, as I didn't want to offend you, but then when I logged on your blog today, I saw this poem...and realized....you would want me to continue to mention Lucy and Carter...
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
1. My sister Molly is at the ER this morning with her three week old Sadie - she had a high fever this morning. They are preforming a spinal tap to check for meningitis. Please pray for Sadie and for peace for Molly and Blake.
2. I started bleeding this weekend, and ended up in the hospital in Branson. Appears the placenta has moved off the cervix (yeah) but I am on bed rest (boooo). Will have a follow up appointment tomorrow with more info. Please pray my sons stays put and healthy.
Thank you for all the prayers and calls so far. I have a peace about all of this....Sorry so short!