Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shoe....Off....Shoe....Off




That is what I heard the other day when I put Ragon's shoes on and then let her hop off the bed. She repeated it and then started to cry. Which she does not do a ton! Anyway - so she sat in my lap and said it yet again.....So I took her shoes off...her little toes were red. Yep - you guessed it. Her shoes were WAY too small. One would think by now, I would have a good grasp on this motherhood thing, but wow...sometimes the small things just sneak by you. She was wearing a size 4....had her measured...she is in a 6.....OOPS!!! She loves her new shoes (I bet!) and is running all over the place now....Go ahead...turn me into DHS...want some other funny ones I missed as a parent?


1. Did you know nipples come in sizes? I sure as heck didn't, until my sweet sister looked at me one day and was like "Hey...she looks like she is working hard to get the formula....what size nipple is that?" I resisted my instinct to make something up, like say 14....and give her a serious look, like I knew what I was talking about.....I then learned that nipples have sizes.....hmmmm...was that on the box somewhere?


2. Did you know those little Gerber bites actually contain real fruit? So after I was giving my six month old strawberry treats....i quickly realized that Strawberries are for AFTER you turn one....again...why make them for 6-12 months???? Come on people!


3. Did you know that if you give your kid a bottle that is too hot they might sweat? Did you also know that sweating is a sign of a congenital heart defect in infants? I know this because after I paid for an echocardiagram....as ordered by our doctor, I asked him...Do you think that the bottles I make are too hot? There was silence on the other end of the phone.....


4. Did you know your kids mimic your moves? I was concerned early on about Ragon because she didn't use her arms. So I called my sister in law, a teacher, and had her come by and observe Ragon and see if she thought it was weird that she played with everything with her feet. She quickly pointed out that David and I were playing with stuff with our feet....so of course, so was Ragon.....we started using our hands....so did she! My favorite, was that we would walk into her room to turn on music and we would push play on the CD player with our toes.....when we started letting her turn the music off and on....I am sure you know what she did!


Attached are pictures from the fair. Needless to say this kid is like her mama. Enjoys the food, but finds everything else, in her words "Yucky!". ON the way to the fair David was quizzing her on the animals we would see. All of the sudden, he says, "and Giraffes"...I looked at him like he just offered her some pot.....Honey - they don't have Giraffes at the fair.....attached you will see.....the Giraffe....

3 comments:

Molly said...

I LOVE IT! There are so many things that are embarrassing when you realize that others knew about parenting and I totally missed. You'll never believe that I had no clue about peanut butter! I know, where have I been??? Now I know, too bad it might be why Owen's allergic at this point! Whoops!

The Love Family said...

Beck- That just cracks me up! Thank you for letting me laugh with you!!!

Love you tons,
Steph

kim said...

Ty kept asking to take his shoes off the other day, and I kept telling him no. Hours later, when I finally took his shoes off to get ready for bath time, I realized why he wanted them off so bad...he had at least 1/2 cup of sand in each shoe! Poor guy!

Glad you had a good time at the freaky fair!! Naturally there is a giraffe at the fair petting zoo...just like there is a camel at the pumpkin patch!

Have a great week growing your baby!! :)