Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Breaking All The Rules....
















Okay - I am sure you are shocked that this Type A Momma has rules. Yep...we are all about schedules, teaching ourselves to sleep, etc. BUT....for the first few weeks of their tiny lives...we break all the rules. For Example, Greyson went through his first growth spurt the last two nights (you remember the 7-10 day one)....he wanted to eat every two hours, that is from the start of the feedings...not two hours in between. I was half tempted to have my husband take a picture of me this morning, I was so tickled at how bad I looked. I looked like I had been out all night partying...and was just coming home. I woke up this morning, to my husband with a little panicked look on his face, "Where is Greyson?", I simply pulled back the sheets and revealed his little man hooked to a breast.....yeah...I did that. I am not the kind of mom that sleeps with her kids (not that I am opposed to this, it just doesn't work for me). But as of 5:00 a.m. this morning, I would have shaved my head to get just two hours of straight sleep.

Other updates....The Baby Blues, seem to be drifting away....so that is good news. Bad news - we only had our house on the market for 45 days and it didn't sell. Which is a total stinker, but we are not done! We are going to try again in the spring. Long story short, three days after we listed the house, the owner of the land parallel to our house petitioned to have the area rezoned to commercial and multi family and then the interest rates shot up two percent. So that was awesome in helping us sell. Hopefully the economy will be a little more stable in the spring and we can finally build our house in Trinity Creek.

Kim - I am a freak, my mom and I drove over yesterday so I could show her where we were planning to build. All of the sudden I became a stalker and stopped looking at houses and wondered if I would see you out with Ty or picking Ella up from school. If you see a semi-fat blond woman hop out of a car, hobbling and start chasing you....it's just me!

Here are the pics. Aunt Molly has been disappointed in our posting of pics. I am feeling a lot better and have batteries in my camera....so I will hopefully do a lot more pic posting!

5 comments:

kim said...

Okay, Grey is sooo cute! It's about time you get busy posting pictures!! I love those cheeks!

That stinks about your house not selling, but hopefully things will go better in the spring! We moved into Trinity Creek when Ty was 5 weeks old (sold our house the day after we brought him home from the hospital!!) and it was sure hectic moving with a newborn!

Usually the kids and I are out front playing every afternoon, but yesterday it was too windy (for me)so we stayed in! I would be so excited to see you running after me! Ha! We live in the front of the neighborhood (back up to 51st) so seriously, stop by next time!

Molly said...

LOVE the pictures! I so needed that today! I need to kiss him and hold him and see his sweet toes again! Can't wait to see you tomorrow and THANK you for these!

You made my day!

The Love Family said...

Becki! He has changed again! Thank you for those pics - made my day!!!

I love you all...
Steph

Terra said...

I'm with you, break the rules for sleep!!! He is a doll!! Love those cheeks!! Hope Ragon is adjusting well!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Laura said...

Oh he is so cute! How sad that I haven't seen him in a week? He has already changed!