Monday, October 13, 2008

For Moms Only.....(Or Girls Only)


Well the other day as I was cleaning my house and Ragon was sleeping. It occurred to me. I am having a son. A Boy. This is going to be different. And I mean real different. This kid is coming to town with a Penis. (Sorry - we use the anatomically correct terms in my family) It is what it is. A little panic hit me. I don't know what to do with these. Grew up with all sisters, never lived with a boy until I was married. Men are different, boys are different. Ragon is a tough cookie, but she is still a girly girl. She doesn't like her hands dirty, HATES flies (spiders, bugs, etc). And I am going to have a boy.....a stinky, snake loving, frog picking up, gun slinger, booger pickin' sweet precious boy.....and I have no idea what to do! I am so excited, but don't want to raise a girly boy either. I want him to be stinky, snake loving, frog picking up, gun slinging, booger pickin' boy! I don't want him dressing up as a girl and pushing around Ragon's stroller. So why write the post? I need advice on boys......got any? Please post some boy advice. And for the love of Pete, someone tell me that parts of this come naturally....


Also - attached is the final portrait of our family of three. We had it done a while ago, but I love it. If you have never heard of this girl, her name is Jennifer Edwards. Her photographs are stunning, and she is really a reasonable price. Her website is on the left side of my blog page. But here it is just in case. http://www.jenniferedwardsphotography.com/

4 comments:

Molly said...

You'll feel good to know that most of it comes naturally. Just keep reminding yourself that he is a boy. When he wants to jump in puddles or dig in the dirt, you'll be glad because you'll know it's just different and so much of it just comes with the penis! They ARE just different. They are explorers (not that Ragon's not), they are loud (again, Ragon is) and they are busy, busy, busy! You are going to LOVE this! Owen walked into the kitchen for lunch today, pants down "handling" himself. I about died. Then I remembered, HE'S A BOY! You just smile and kindly suggest they keep their "handling" to the bathroom and clean hands in the kitchen! Love you and can't wait for Grey to get here!

kim said...

Ditto what Molly said! Boys sure are different than girls!

I was a bit anxious about having a boy too! I grew up in a family of 5 kids, 4 girls and then came the last Miller, a boy! I didn't know how to "do boy" either! You'll figure it out as you go for sure! I was also worried that every toy in our house was girly, but no worry...Ty turns barbies into weapons without being trained to do so! He is rougher, messier, and noisier than I could have ever imagined! But that being said, he is so stinkin cuddly and loves himself some momma, and I adore him! Enjoy the ride!

Unknown said...

diaper change is much easier...there are fewer creases to clean...Major has a nakie dance where he shakes is po-po and dances around in circles...currently, when we are playing on the floor he sticks his hands down everyone's pants and says crack (for butt crack)...most days i look in the rearview mirror at major and he has 2 fingers up his nose...greyson will be into everything at an early age...I have a friend who said she didn't need to childproof her home, but clearly she has two girls...the first thing major found was the electric plugs...it is a blast,and you will love every minute of it!

Mimi said...

Boys are just as wonderful as girls. I know this now that I have had a little experience with granddaughters. Love him, let him lead the dance, and teach him most of the same things you would teach a girl. Then he will turn out to be just like his precious Dad.