Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ragon's Big Girl Room







This is Ragon's Big Girl Room. I love it. I made the drapes, ordered the bedspread from WalMart of all places (for a whopping $51.00). I made the letters from stuff at Hobby Lobby (total $14.89) The bed, dresser and table by rocker are from my Grandmother JoJo's house. I had them painted black and distressed (Free). The end tables I bought from a garage sale for $25 total!!!!






On a different note, if you are wondering why the weird spelling on Ragon's name, here is the scoop. Ragon is Ragon Joslin Francy. Ragon is from David's family. It is David's grandfather's, Dick Lane, grandmother's maiden name. They say everyone loved Grandma Ragon. Dick passed away a year before Ragon was born, but he was a good man, with a very gentle spirit. He played the trumpet at our wedding and it was beautiful.






Joslin is her middle name. This is my mother's maiden name. My maternal grandfather, Josh Joslin, was my "Paco". He passed away when I was a kiddo. He was a giant Santa Clause looking man with a kindness that reminds me of my husband! My Paco was a wonderful man, whom I loved dearly. I love hearing my mom tell stories of him, she still calls him Daddy....

5 comments:

Molly said...

Love it! Great job! Thanks for sharing! Ragon seems to love them too!

kim said...

Um, can you come and decorate Ty's room? ...and any other future children's rooms in my house? Um..seriously! Her room is adorable :)

Ty's room is a disaster right now... never has gotten done right!

Jennifer Patterson said...

Super cute...and so glad you got it free or cheap! I need to plan a trip to Tulsa with my two to see your two...Have a great Thanksgiving!

Julie Reid said...

The room is so cute!! And thanks for the memories of Paco. I think about him often and look forward to the day when I can sit in his lap again. Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Cody and Shana said...

Hi Becky. You posted on my blog a while back and I just wanted to say thank you for your sweet encouragment. It's neat hearing other women's stories about infertility/adoption especially when they are on the other side enjoying the blessings of their kids. I look forward to reading more about you. Thanks for reaching out!