Friday, October 17, 2008

Updates....

It is so hard to call everyone and give them an update on our progress. Well yesterday (Thursday) I started my 36th week. Whew.....this boy is rough one to carry. Lets just say he is a mover. I went to the doctor Tuesday. No dialation, no effacement, etc. It was good news kind of because I would like my placenta to move, so I don't have to have a c-section. But kind of bad news, as I remember with Ragon....I NEVER made progress, including the 36 hours of labor with her...not until the end. I even went 24 hours without an epidural. I was at Saint Francis. [On a side note: if you want a natural delivery - by natural I mean incredibly painful without drugs - this is the place to go. The nurses are excited to help you, they are sweet. To this day I can remember my favorite nurse, Quincey. I sooo hope she is there to help deliver my son] I digress.

Anyway - our last ultrasound is on Tuesday, the 21st. Hopefully - this one will show no previa at all. I went from a partial previa, to a marginal previa. So hopefully when I go in, there will not be a previa and I will be clear to give birth.....well you know. So pray - I have continued to bleed on the weekends (Don't know what that is about) - so hopefully that is a sign the placenta is moving.

Thanks for all the prayers and calls. Will update you soon!

Also - went with my husband to see Fireproof.....LOVED it...I cried. Don't know if this is a reflection of how good the movie is or how hormonal I am. But I do know people who are not pregnant and they loved it as well. Take time to watch it.....if you are married, you go through tough times...all of us do. This is a picker upper. So click on the link and watch it. Special thanks to Tara Schultheis (sp?) I didn't know of the movie until I saw on her blog. Now my entire family has seen it.....For those of you who budget, Cinemark only charges $5 ea. for the first matinee of the day. Usually tickets are $8.50 ea. - so with the price of sitters, etc. Try to hit the matinee!


3 comments:

kim said...

Quincie can't be your favorite nurse, because she's MY favorite nurse at the pink palace. Ha! She is amazing at her job, so I hope you get her too! She works Mondays, Wednesdays, and one Friday a month! :) That is SO sad that I know that!!!! Glad you are hanging in there... I hade the partial previa with Ella and remember praying for my placenta to migrate!
FYI, I just made an appointment for Miss R to have another ultrasound this afternoon! Ha, I'm not messing around!

Have a great weekend and thanks for the update!
Kim

Terra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terra said...

Glad you liked the movie! Got to see Molly and Laura and their ADORABLE kiddos this morning. WIsh I could have met little Ragon. Your new little niece, Sadie, is even more beautiful in person (as if that is possible, her pictures are so dang sweet!) She was such a little snuggle bug! Hope everything moves and everything goes smoothly for you!