Thursday, November 13, 2008

Silence....it says so much....

My sister Molly and I often get tickled at eachother. Molly decided to build her family through adoption, so she enjoys often snickering at her sisters as we struggle with the fun things about pregnancy. It isn't mean or nasty and usually puts me in a good mood and helps me laugh at myself. So this story is for Molly...

SOOOO..this morning I get up feeling extra thin. I mean I put on a lot less weight with Greyson than I did with Ragon. I went to the doctor yesterday and weighed in at less than I did after Ragon was over two months old...so I am skinny right? I go in my closet and get out my "Fat Girl" jeans....surely these will fit....So I pull on my awesome granny panties with the double pads to cover my c-section incision and well you know where the other one goes....and I pull them up...The go all the way up, I smile at my husband slyly....yes babe...I am sexy...I am thinking to myself! The problem, they in NO WAY are going to button or zip around my saggy belly....My husband being sweet, says, "honey, why don't you put on my jeans"...Now generally I might be offended, but come on, I just had a baby...so I thought...Good Idea...I jump in the shower and ask him to grab my "Fat Girl" jeans and measure them to his and get some that are bigger....as I shower I notice something....complete silence....not a word coming from him, and he was gone a while....finally he pokes his head in the shower and says, "Are you sure you want to wear jeans today?" I about fell down laughing....I interpret this to mean there aren't any jeans that are bigger than my fat girl jeans....I laughed because I wondered how long he stood there thinking of what to say as to not bring a stream of tears....but I have a sense of humor...however, I did picture my sister Molly laying on the ground laughing so hard she almost wet her pants!

I go in the closet determined that even after giving birth I could wear his jeans....I was right...they fit, I don't know which part he was measuring, but I am wearing them...and guess what girls, I look HOT! Okay - maybe not hot, but they aren't maternity!

10 comments:

Lucila said...

Becki, this was way too funny! Also, who blogs at 6:30am??? My alarm doesn't even go off until 6:45!

Unknown said...

if you are weighing less than you did with Ragon, you are on the road to skinny-ness...

buy yourself a few stretchable waist skirts in the junior department...you will feel skinny and it will get you through this transition where nothing fits around the middle...

when you want to cry because all the clothes are too small in your closet (and for me it is 7 months after avery's birth), just look at your two beautiful little ones and start running...you will fit into them one day...you are too cheap to buy all new clothes...

Dee said...

It sounds like you on the road to clothing normality!! Don't get too discouraged. I had a favorite pair of maternity pants that I wore months after Cate was born until my sister begged me to try my 'regular' pants on...and yes I am also to cheap to buy clothes.
P.S. I miss you!

Terra said...

Becki!!! I am laughing hysterically right now. That is the funniest post ever. Maybe it is because I am experiencing the same thing right now, I don't know. I keep trying the same pair of jeans on day after day just convinced that I will be able to squeeze into them soon. Ha Ha! I'm sure you look great and I agree with Valerie....look at those 2 beautiful kiddos and wearing sweats AGAIN doesn't feel so bad! :) That 's what I keep telling myself at least.

Molly said...

Thank you for not making me sound like a brat with the whole making light of some pregnancy "issues". You know I am proud of all of you girls and what you are willing to sacrifice for your babies.

Thanks for the good laugh. You have a wonderful husband and I am proud of you for being willing to wear his jeans! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Beck! You are a hoot and gorgeous to me! Thanks for sharing your kiddos today with me... Love, Noonie

kim said...

Soooooo funny! I am glad you are willing to laugh at yourself... your body will be returned to you before too long!

The day after Ella was born I asked Micah to go home and get my wedding ring, I was SURE it would fit since I was suddenly super skinny again...HARDLY! It didn't fit for weeks!!

I bet you look beautiful regardless of what you have to wear right now! Oh, and nobody is really looking at you now...their eyes are on baby Greyson!!

Laura said...

Oh I wish I could have been there to stop you from trying on your jeans...that can put a girl straight into depression! The good news is they went up on your legs....see, now that is good progress!

Jennifer Patterson said...

I totally feel your pain and I am laughing so hard because I have tried my jeans on every day this last week! I am hoping I will fit into my regular clothes by the beginning of the year! What a time to have a baby- weeks before the holiday season starts! Oh well- our sweet blessings are so worth it! Love you!

Kara said...

Becky,

I am a friend of Laura and Greg's and I just had to comment! Be so thankful you can wear your husband's jeans. My husband, Cory, is 6'2" and weighs 150lbs soaking wet. Wearing his jeans has never been an option, even pre-preggo! I was laughing though, because my 3rd son is almost 3 months old and I am slowly moving down a size! We all have been there, and good luck to you on your road to skinnyness!

Kara
sahm22boys.blogspot.com