Monday, November 17, 2008

Enough about me....

I used to think it was funny to say, "Enough talking about me, let's talk about you...what do YOU think about me?"....Cute, huh? Well these past few nights have been rough...my man apparently believes that growth spurts should be a night only issue...so we have been waking for full feedings every two hours at night...sometimes during the day...but mostly at night he is trying to increase the flow...nice huh?

So I decided after weeks of reading through my fellow blogger's blogs....what can I do for you? Well, I can pray. So there it is. I am up 3-4 times a night and trust me, there isn't a lot to watch in the early a.m. I will admit, I will watch Scrubs, Murphy Brown, Family Matters, but could I be doing something better with my time? Sure - I could pray. Why don't I do some growing of my own while I am up breastfeeding my little dude.

So please, post a comment and let me know how I can pray for you over the next few weeks. I know some might be personal, so feel free to e-mail me instead at beckifrancy@aol.com I don't have to know you. And I assure you I will keep your request confidential if you wish. I am a lawyer, I can keep secrets like no one's business! More importantly - I commit to praying specifically for your need until Jan. 1, 2009. And then I will check in with you. If you are not a believer, I will still pray for you, all you have to do is ask....

5 comments:

Momma to 3 said...

I have always said that having a baby has increases your prayer life! With each child comes worries and I have had to learn to turn them to God because otherwise I would be a mess (well I still am). It is funny I pray as I sit nursing in the middle of the night...yes, my little dude at 10 months still like to get up and nurse. We are working on this, but until then, I savor every little rock in that rocking chair knowing he is my last little one (unless God has a HUGE surprise in store for us), but I also spend so much time in prayer too and it is so amazing and freeing! Let me know if I can be praying for you in the wee hours of the night, just email me. Reply to this post or leave a post on my blog if you need my email address!

Brandi said...

You don't know me but I was one of Max and Sutton's teachers at Cross Creek. I have a prayer request but I don't want take up your entire comment section so if you want to you can go to my blog and read all the details. Your kids are adorable! Thanks, Brandi Crider

Lucila said...

Hey Becki! How sweet that you get to hold your adorable little boy in the middle of the night when it is just you and him. Great idea on the prayer thing. I heard a pastor say once that if you wake up in the middle of the night, that's God wanting to talk so talk to Him. You'll be doing just that. Well, you know what my prayer request is and I thank you so much for doing this. I'll be praying for you too!

ME said...

Hey Becki-
I found your blog from Terra's. How are you? Congrats on new baby!
Katie Burchart (Hanson) from high school

Shelley said...

Put the Brooks family on that prayer list (if you are still having to get up)! Picture the two kiddos you have seen in pics on my blog playing with two beautiful, brown playmates - their hearts bonding, their lives blending, their love for each other bubbling over -- soon!