Thursday, December 11, 2008

How much would you give???


I am a pretty passionate person if you know me. I feel EVERYTHING very strongly. I have an opinion on EVERYTHING. One thing I feel strongly about is helping those in need. I know, another post during Christmas telling you to help out in a recession. Well, this won't cost you anything!


My sister Molly's adoption agency Deaconess is an amazing MINISTRY. Yes, this is a not for profit ministry to birth parents. I have personally met with one of the directors and their heart for parents who place their children for adoption is amazing. They follow up with these birth parents, they help educate them, house them, counsel them, etc. Anyway - whatever your opinions on adoption are, imagine this. You find out you are pregnant, and you have decided to place your baby in a home because at this time you are not able to care for your child. After doing that you spend nine months, watching your body grow, distort, stretch in order to carry a child for someone else to raise. All the while knowing the pain you will feel when the time comes for you to hand your child over for the last time. Laura and I felt the need last year to donate some maternity clothes. We did this because we both remember the frustration of trying to look "good" while pregnant, along with the frustration of the rising cost of maternity clothes! GAG! Can you imagine, being in that situation and having to buy maternity clothes, because you sure as heck can't wear your normal clothes? If you have maternity clothes that you will no longer wear, please call me and I will personally come pick them up and donate them to Deaconess. If you plan on getting pregnant again, at least look through the clothes that you probably would not wear again and give me a call! (e-mail me beckifrancy@aol.com)


In addition, and I hope this helps her donate more, there is actually ONE maternity consignment store in the Tulsa Area. It is called All Things Maternity - it is on 1525 S. Main St. in Broken Arrow, OK. Her phone number is 251-1333. If you go there, tell her I sent you. She promised me some clothes at the end of the season for Deaconess. So I hope by giving out her info, she will do it! By the way, I bought a TON of clothes there, she carries some great labels for a good price!


So the question How much would you give? Attached is a picture of Ragon. In the picture, she has given the most precious thing she has...Bunny. She gave it to her brother. You have to know how much she loves him to give him Bunny, this is huge people. So remember, the women who place their children - they are our sisters in Christ.....please don't judge their situation, because we are not called to do that. What we are called to do is minister to them and take care of them, and by doing so, showing them the love of Christ.


One last thing in this special season. Mandy and Mommy G - thank you so much. I know the words don't do justice the gift you have given my family. This Christmas might bring a little sting of not having Sadie, Cooper and Owen with you, but please know, our family is forever grateful for your sacrifice....for it made our family whole. I hope you know how much we love you two....

7 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, what a great post! Of course, seriously close to my heart!

There are so many ways to do help birthmoms if we are just creative! Thanks for thinking of and asking for help in the area of maternity clothes! It is such a need!

Can't wait to see you! And, that picture of Grey with Bunny is amazing...I knew how incredible that was because I have heard that sweet Ragon scream for Bunny before! She sure does love him!

Thanks for asking for people to do this! I can't thank you enough!

Jennifer Patterson said...

Beck-
I gave all my clothes to a friend I teach with. She is due in May..After she has her little one I will be happy to share my stuff!

I donated a BUNCH of preemie clothes to the NICU at Mercy after Cassidy was born! NICU's always appreciate the extras too if anyone is willing to share!

Val and I plan to meet on Monday in OKC if you can make it..Depending on the weather we plan to go to the Bass Pro Shop's Christmas set up...10 AM and FREE!!!!

Courtney Connelly said...

Hi Becki! I don't think I have ever officially met you, but I go to SHBC and am a friend of Molly's from OBU. I just had a little boy on Nov 5 and would LOVE to donate my maternity clothes to Deaconess for precious birth mothers!

I live in Broken Arrow, so I can drop them off at your house sometime. We aren't going to church yet since our little guy is only 5 weeks old, but just let me know where would be the easiest place for me to bring the clothes. Thanks for doing this!

Al's World said...

Thank you for your post, I love giving to people, especially these beautiful women who sacrifice their happiness to give families like yours wonderful children like Owen, Cooper and Sadie. I would like to thank their beautiful mommies as well!

I have maternity clothes as well, they are in the attic that I was going to sell at JBF, but I would LOVE to give them the clothes I have left over! Love you!

Dee said...

Thank you Murphy sisters for opening my eyes to an opportunity to help these amazing women that give their child up for adoption. What a sacrifice!

Shelley said...

Hi Becki,
I found you through your sisters' blogs... So nice to read about your beautiful life. ~ I have given your blog a brief once-over and totally rate it a thumbs-up -- especially the post last month about sneaky-peeky snoopers who don't comment. Thus, I comment and say, "Hey" from Keith and Shelley. You have a beautiful family -- and are a wonderful wordsmith! Blessings!

kim said...

Just realized I never commented on this post when I read it a few days ago!

I just donated some of my maternity clothes today... it is a "little by little" process for me. It's kinda hard to get rid of everything that reminds me of my most recent pregnancies.

Thanks for being such a great new friend!!! :)