Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gods Hand....


I know I did a kind of depressing post yesterday, but I SOOO appreciate you women/amazing friends/family and your comments. So I wanted to do a more upbeat post. Because I feel a little more upbeat.

During my fast delivery and scary c-section...some amazing things happen to remind me that my God is every constant, faithful and with me....here they are...


1) When I went into labor at my house, I literally RAN out the door with David. I didn't have a thing packed. I had meant to go by Mardels after finding out I was going to have a c-section. So I could buy a clinging cross. I thought I had more time. To make this short - my sister in law had one. So I had my mom call her, but by the time she got a hold of her she was already on her way to the hospital. SO - I told her not to say anything. I knew she would feel the need to turn around and go get it. She showed up a short time later...she looked at me and whispered..."have we prayed yet?" She knew I was scared, I replied no...not yet....so slipped something into my hand....it was her clinging cross. How in the world did she know? I had never mentioned it to her...but God moved her that morning. And she did as he directed her heart....


2) My girlfriend - Karissa (AKA Dorita) Is a NICU nurse at St. Francis. She has been there for both Laura's and my children's birth. I so wanted her there. I called her on the way to the hospital, she was doing everything she could to make it. I knew she would make it in time to catch Greyson. I kept pleading with her, "Karissa, be honest, if something is wrong - just tell me". Anyway - they took me to the OR, I was all by myself (and my cross) they delayed the procedure because another woman began to deliver before me...I sat their alone...rubbing my cross - with complete strangers...I kept praying...Come on God...Keep me calm, I need you..I need to see you...The spinal block took FOUR tries...but I kept my cool...they laid me down, on my way down, I saw them...the eyes of my life long friend poking over the surgical scrubs....God was reminding me....he was still there....


Just a reminder to look for the things that GOD does do in our lives, even when we are so scared, take a deep breath and look for him...and then listen...above is a picture of the clinging cross....and the poem attached...


When my mind is fuzzy

And my eyes are dim with tears,

I need to feel Your presence, Lord,

And know that You are near.

When my heart is racing

And my thoughts have such a sting,

I tightly grasp this little cross

And prayerfully I cling.

It's not a magic piece -

This cross Your father planned,

But when I cling to it

I feel Your nail-scarred hand.

4 comments:

Molly said...

WHOA! That is so cool! Somehow when I came to see Grey, I only heard part of the story. Probably because I couldn't wait to get my mitts on that little guy! Thanks for sharing again, and the whole cool story! God is SO good, in everything He does...even the hard things are there to bring us to our knees before Him.

Once again I am so proud of you. What I wouldn't give to live next door to you and drink coffee at night after the kids have gone to bed. We could watch all you've tivoed (is that a word?) and I could steal your hot packs cause my shoulders are killing me!

I love you! Thanks for your post, its sooo good to refelct on God's handiwork! Now, let's see some pics of those babies!

kim said...

Okay, I admit it, I have been checking your blog ALL day, waiting for a follow up post. I am glad to hear you are more "up" today! I love God winks! The cross story is just too cool. (Ella and I both were given those crosses when Carter passed away, and I carried mine during my scary doctors appointments and hospitalization with Lucygoosy)!

Oh yeah, and I agree, pics of the babes! Please! :)

ACL said...

This gave me chills Becki! So glad you are doing better today and thank you for sharing your story. God is so good!
Love,
ACL :)

Dee said...

I shed happy tears as I read this...I am so glad I get to be a part of you and your family's life. I Love You!!