Thursday, December 18, 2008

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord....



I am not going to call this weird, just funny how God works. I hope that I don't make a fool of myself, but neat things happened this last week. As you know, we have been trying to sell our house. Somewhere around September 12th, 2008 we put our house on the market. My sister and her rockin' team worked their hiney's off for a whole 45 days before my little man decided to make a surprise entrance! We quickly pulled it off the market and decided to put it on the market January 1. When Laura listed the house, I put a link to her website on Craigslist. I don't know why I did this. Not that I felt Laura didn't do a good job. I just felt compelled to do EVERYTHING I could to help her sell the house. We did, this house was immaculate for 45 days straight, you could eat off my floors! ANYWHO- after one stinky offer (it was so bad we didn't even counteroffer, but to say, "we are glad you liked our house") Anyway - the craigslist expired and I somehow re-posted the listing. (Neat thing #1) All of the sudden, people started e-mailing me about the house (no one had EVER responded before). Anyway - long story short, yesterday we showed the house to a young couple who loved it. Why is this weird?





#2 (already did #1) My house is not in "showing condition" right now, but they decided to come on a day I am home alone with Grey, so I had already made significant progress cleaning out my house.


#3 I JUST (on Saturday) had the floors in our house re-sealed (I hadn't done this in the 2 years we lived here)


#4 They wanted to see the house at 6:30 pm, Ragon goes to bed at 7:00....oddly enough, my mother in law had asked if she could spend the night that night, so I didn't have to worry about her.


#5 I hadn't finished Grey's nursery, so it looked a little WT, I had been cleaning it all morning, and I had been waiting for drapes for his room for TWO WEEKS, they came in two hours before the couple arrived.


#6 TWO more couples are coming by to see the house.


#7 We had this hanger in our shower for towels that David had been trying to fix for ages, you guessed it, he somehow was able to get the screw fixed YESTERDAY.


#8 I had prayed so hard for our house to sell, but it didn't. I couldn't figure out what God was doing. You tell me....the interest rates when we put the house on the market are 6.5%, they are now at 5%, and if we sell it FSBO we will stand to make more (Although we plan on a significant TIP for our realtor's for the ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS job they did.) I told Laura I was embarrassed with how hard they worked to sell the house and it didn't sell....


Anyway it occurred to me, with the more money that we might make, and with the drop in interest.....we might just buy the bigger house.....with room for....a pool table...you thought I was going to say more kids, didn't you? Anyway - I really feel like God is all over this....I don't believe in jinxing things, so if it doesn't work out, I still know God had a plan...but how crazy was that day? Just kept making me think in my head, "But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

1 comment:

Terra said...

This isn't really a comment about this post, but I am very happy for you! God's timing always amazes me. I've learned this year that His plan is always better than we could ever imagine. I mean I knew that, but I really lived it this year. Anyway, back to why I came to comment. I love all the songs on your blog. I just set my Internet to your blog and stuffed my Christmas cards. Love them!!