Sunday, December 28, 2008

Precious Moments....

I am always looking for "moments" in my life. Especially during the Christmas Season and with the blessing of my two children, I feel that life is going to hand me these beautiful moments that leave me and my husband teary eyed and feeling blessed. This year God had a sense of humor.

1) We went to the "Bethlehem Walk" at a church. Another "free" thing and of course something I love. So as a family we went, and walked with Greyson and Ragon on a "search" to find the Messiah. I was so excited to get to Jesus. I just knew that Ragon would say something sweet, like say "Baby Desus" (this is what she calls Jesus)....what did I get? DONKEY and then what I believe to be the "hee haw" sound a donkey makes.....no sweet moments that night.

2) We go to church on Christmas Eve. The children are going to do an impromptu of the Christmas Story. So as the lady sits to read and the children get up to act, I hear a weird sound. I shrug it off and continue to listen. The children then move closer to our row....and again, I hear a sound. Feeling like a fifth grader for thinking that I heard someone fart, I snickered a little and shut it down fearing a scowling look from the elders. And then again, and this time it was unmistakable....that kid farted and it was loud....right in the middle of the pageant. This time my brother in law and I absolutely lost it. I had tears rolling down my face....no friends, there would not be a special moment at church either....just me, laughing at a six year old who farted....I will grow up one day.

3) I had been looking forward to Ragon getting a special "Barbie" ride on car. It is battery operated, and I just knew she would love it. Nope...scared to death....I had to settle for her pushing the button and running along side of it. I know...she is weird.

4) My final moment, my son's baby dedication. It was supposed to be today. Notice I said "supposed" ...that would be because at about 5:30 last night. Ragon got super cuddly, and stopped her running and playing and wanted me to "Hold You" and it wasn't for five seconds, it was for twenty minutes. I knew this was going bad, we got home, within minutes, she barfed all over David. We divided, I don't know that we conquered. But she was fine this morning, problem? Greyson decided he needed to eat every two hours....I felt like someone had kicked me in the head....but so far, we haven't spread the stomach flu....we are praying it sticks to one member of the fam!

So here's to hoping you all made some precious memories and had precious moments with your family. I did....but those were the funniest!

________________________________________________________________
Update on the Essure: In case you were wondering. Not a dadgum thing. Still doesn't hurt, never did, only slight bleeding after procedure. Never even took another alieve after I left the office. This procedure rocked!

4 comments:

kim said...

Sorry about the ickies at your house...that is never ever fun. All that shopping for the perfect dedication outfits for nothing...ah drat! Hope ya'll stay healthy!

Molly said...

We missed you Sunday but are so thankful that it was only Ragon and seemed rather short-lived.

Thanks for hanging out with us so much and for letting the boys play with Ragon and Grey.

We miss you already. Thanks for the laughs!

Dee said...

Those are memorable moments! Good to see that you can step back and appreciate the moment even if didn't turn out as you anticipated.
P.S. I don't know but I think that could also be a great example of what Motherhood is? :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog Becki! Now I can keep up with you and your darling family!