Friday, November 21, 2008

Free Crap.....

Isn't that a nice title? Well, I am always looking for free crap. Ever since I quit my full time job to stay at home, and then added another addition, I look for free and/or cheap crap. I don't really mean crap, so I will stop saying that...but free stuff to do with my kids, with myself, etc. So here is a list of stuff to do this weekend if you are in town, and all of it is no to low cost. I am going to try to start doing this on Fridays and would love some e-mails that have ideas of other "free" things going on in town. So here goes:

1. Until January 1 (I think - but double check) Bass Pro Shop has a "Christmas" exhibit. And by exhibit I mean an entire area devoted to kids. Not only can you look at the fish, ride the glass elevator up to the "shooting range". They have an area where you can draw pictures for Santa and his elves, make a wish list, sit on Santa's lap and have a picture made and a couple of tables of trains that are low and move around. It is free (I don't know if the pic is free) WARNING: there is also tons of stuff to buy strategically placed for your children to have a melt down about. Have the talk before hand....

2. Saturday: 10 AM Jenks has it's annual Holiday Parade. Free - yet again. You can go the the Kiwana's Pancake Breakfast $4 each.

3. The Mall - always my last resort, because I can spot those booger kids a mile away, but it is free, just bring hand sanitizer....

Another idea: This one costs, but well worth it - Pump It Up and Bounce U have open play times. You can go and only pay for one kiddo $6-7 each kid. Babies that don't walk are free. Pump It Up says you have to be two, but you don't, Ragon went, they leave it to the parent's discretion. We went on Thursday, and it was sooooo stinking worth the $7.
This is the link to Bounce U with times and costs:
http://www.bounceu.com/cities/tulsa.ok/open-bounce.htm
This is the link to Pump It Up with times and costs:
http://www.pumpitupparty.com/ok/broken-arrow/tulsa-ok/calendar-p8q120.htm

One last thing, if you are looking for an events calender for Tulsa, this is the best one that I have found that is online. The Spot with the TW is good, but this online one is pretty nice, and when you click on the "+" sign, it gives you TONS of info.
http://www.visittulsa.com/events.asp?id=11

Please send me your ideas on things to do this winter with the kids that are "cost effective". I am about to go bonkers in my house and need some good play ideas. It is just me and a 21 month old, I can only color and watch Yo Gabba so many times before I lose my mind! If you e-mail me ideas for this weekend or post them in the comments, I will edit and update so everyone can get the info! Beckifrancy@aol.com

4 comments:

Molly said...

I am cracking up at the "spot the booger kids"! You are hilarious! I am afraid I am, "that mom of the booger kids"! You better tell me if I am!

We LOVE the Omniplex, it does cost for the year, but so worth it, when we go weekly! Yes, not worth the drive weekly if you don't live here!

The library is a great place and I just threaten my kids that we have to leave if they can't keep their voices down.

Look for Fun Stop locations. They are indoor and clean playground areas and they only cost $4 per child and you can bring your own food to most of them.

Hope this helps! Next year won't be near as difficult as Ragon will entertain and play with Grey...I so remember about losing it when Cooper was born and it was freezing outside!

Jennifer Patterson said...

Playing with Camryn would be free...come on over! Cassidy and Greyson can sit by each other in the swing or the bouncy seat.

Unknown said...

The OKC zoo if free on Wednesday the 26th...as well as Mondays in December...and it may run through February...how fun would that be?

kim said...

You don't like yo gaba gaba? I heart that show, and that crazy DJ!

You can come over here any day for a play date!! Sometimes just getting to play with someone else's toys is enough for the little ones to play for hours!

I've also been known to park my behind at a booth in chick-fil-a next to the playroom, and watch the kids play for as long as I can!