Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Favorites


I was thinking of something exciting happening in my life...and other than having a baby, not much is new, so in reading other's blogs I decided to list my Most Favorite or Most Embarrassing.


1. Food : I am pregnant people, food is my favorite...if I had to pick - tater tots

2. Clothing : In a normal size Banana Republic, Pregnant? These Apartment 9 shirts I got from Kohls for $17. (left is picture - not a good one and there isn't a tie, but you get the idea)
3. Favorite thing to cook: Peanut Butter Pancakes: My friend Val gave me this one. Use the recipe on the back of the Bisquick box for "Melt in Your Mouth" Pancakes and add peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips...super rich and yummy!
4. Favorite Free Thing: This week is a place where David plays indoor soccer is having an open house. So juniper jumps, snacks, and indoor soccer for the little ones (Their program for 18 months and older is called Lil' Kickers) is from 10-12 on Saturday....FREE YEAH!!!!!
5. Favorite Moment This Week: My sister (Laura) announced the Grunewald Family Home is going to be a little big bigger in April! Yep, they are having a baby...hope she is okay with me putting it on the blog. But since she told a strager at Chick Fil A today - I feel pretty safe doing it! Max was too cute....out of the blue he said, "Yeah...I think it is going to be a sister!" How cute is that? Have to point out, the entire time I was prego and didn't know, Ragon always said it was a "bubba"....the little ones always know! Boy or Girl we are stoked for the new addition...IF it is a boy, someone for Greyson to play with...if it is a girl...SHOPPING!!!!!
6. Most embarrasing time this week: I handled a case, which I LOST...so I of course really like reliving it, but the media was there, which I hate (sorry if you are in that line of work) and the punk video guy was following me like a hawk. All I could think was "Why didn't I have my hair colored BEFORE this hearing, I knew it would be on the News"...Everyone who saw it said I looked ticked...They thought it was because I lost, actually the footage was shot in the middle, so I didn't know I got my butt kicked until after....So not only did I lose, but the coverage made me look like a poor sport, WHICH I AM...but why put that on the news...My mother in law tried to nicely point out that someone told her I hardly looked pregnant....I guess that was good, but who looks pregnant in a suit.?
7. Most embarrasing moment as a parent: Well as we approach the TWO's with Ragon we are constantly working on communication and obedience....well at the store the other day she was awesome, and then it happened, that moment every parent faces, the public tantrum. In 18 months I have been spared this moment. But on the way out of the store, it happened....She didn't want to get out of the car (part of the grocery basket) and so I gave her a choice, she could get out herself and walk to the car or I could carry her (which she does not like)....She decided to ignore the questions. After counting to ten, I said politely "Okay - mommy will make the choice...)As I grab her little hand to assist her in crawling out, she starts to come out with me and then apparently it occurrs to her...Why not try the noodle in public? So picture this, I am seven months pregnant, with two bags of groceries, my purse in one hand and my 18 month old dangling by the other....I couldn't let go or she would have crashed to the floor head first...I was stuck. I decided to calmly inform her that she was going to hurt herself....That didn't work...So the next option, "IF you do not stop this, I will have to give you a spanking to help you calm down." This at least stopped the back bend so I could scoop her up and head out. She continued to scream all the way out. As I was walking out, I hear someone yell, "Murphy" (I go by this name at work) it was one of the police officers I worked with for years....he just said as he laughed...."Nice....."

3 comments:

Terra said...

Loved this post! I need to get the Love and Logic Book. I've read the Teaching with Love and Logic so I can only imagine that the parenting one is great! YEAH for Laura! Super exciting!!

Unknown said...

you are hilarious...now you can't be giving away my secret recipes...glad you liked the cakes.

Julie Reid said...

Hey Becki,

How are ya? I haven't talked with you in forever. Ragon's eyes are beautiful and look at those curls. My girls have hair straight as a board (they get that from their dad) and Sheldon is the one with the curly hair. I have to keep his hair short or it starts looking bad. Congrats on the new baby. What's the due date? You need to get on facebook. See ya later.