Friday, August 1, 2008

Crazy Kid....






This is the pool by our house! I have been telling you how amazing it is. The pics are close up so I included a pic of how big this thing is that my one year old seems to go down with ease. This kid is not afraid of anything! She does not want us to touch her, except when she lands, if she doesn't land upright, she prefers we help her out! Otherwise, she climbs the whole thing by herself and puts herself down the slide.

We are still working on the waiting in line thing, but I want to scream at some parents. So l am going to hop on my soap box. You can teach your children rules and respect at a very early age. My seventeen month old (now it has taken a couple of days) is starting to catch on to waiting in line. She is not a master at it, but she is getting it. I saw four and five year old children walking up and literally walking past all the children waiting in line to go down a slide, push someone over and then get on the slide. I wanted to grap this little kids hand and walk him to his parents and say. "Either you are not paying attention to your kid.....this is bad. Or for some reason you don't care if he grows up with respect for others and for rules...this is also bad." There are no two ways around it. I can't imagine people not teaching their children to respect others and the rules, no matter how old they are. But then again, this explains why gentlemen are so few and far between anymore. I promise you this. My children will treat others with respect or I will beat them (permission granted to my friends and family to knock my kids in the head for being disrespectful)! And my son, as long as it takes me, will treat women with kindness, gentleness and like a lady should be treated. Go ahead, call me old fashioned...I don't care.

I am off my soap box now......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you find us a waterpark like that in OKC? Have a great weekend!

Lucila said...

Too funny! I just love how passionate you are about things. I can't believe how big and independent Ragon is. Well, maybe I can believe the independent part. She is your daughter after all. She is just adorable!

Lucila

Laura said...

I LOVE the smile on her face! So sweet!!