Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bottom of the List


Well I let it happen. I had been so good at updating my blog and then.....I dropped to the bottom of the list....Bad Becki! But I have had so much going on. I had a huge hearing the other day and it stunk. I had to file an appeal (this takes a while) I had to get my hair cut and colored. Then I had to go get an ultrasound to see my little man, "greyson". So the news? Well I am a little freaked out, needless to say. I have a little problem called "placenta previa". If you are in the medical field, and I spelled it wrong..sorry. My placenta is partially attached over my cervix. This can be a bad thing if you don't know about it. But I know....so now I have to deal with it. If it does not move in the next four weeks, I will be scheduled for a c-section. I am FREAKED out about this. Some of you might think this is weird, but I really didn't mind a vaginal delivery. It isn't that I PREFER this method...I would PREFER someone come up with a third way to have a baby that doesn't involve my vagina or knives. But this is what I am stuck with. After having Ragon, I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I have a feeling a c-section won't be that easy. SO, I have gone into super nesting mode, getting Ragon transferred to a "big girl bed" which she is in (and doing fabulously). Getting Greyson's room ready, cleaning my house....you know the typical stuff, but in a Type A manner. So pray for me....pray for God to move my placenta! But most of all, just pray my son stays safe and okay - and that I have the peace to let him come safely into this world....I can deal with the knife!


Also - I have great news, but I don't know if it is public knowledge yet...so keep watching!


The picture is of Ragon and my sweet daddy...to the left of my dad (right in the picture) are my two nephews....Owie and Pooker (aka Owen and Cooper)....Ragon is absolutely infatuated with these boys. Right now, when we get in the car, she loves to list off her family...this is what is sounds like...."mommy, daddy, monkey (uncle mike), Bug (Cousin Cate), ADee (aunt Dee), Noonie and Papa (my mom and dad), emmy (Ann Marie) Lar Lar (Lauren), Owie and Pooker, Mowwy (Molly), Sutty (Sutton) and Matts (Max)....that is about all she can remember and then I go through the rest with her...but it is cute. And she does it with Mimi (David's mom) too...she will get in the car and start telling you everyone she knows...which right now is her family....I LOVE THAT!

2 comments:

Giles Family said...

Hey Becki, I'll be praying! Placenta previa can be scary but your body and your Greyson are in God's safe hands.

I had an emergency c section with Hannah and, though I was scared to death going into it, afterward I've said I'd never hesitate to do it again. We went in and she was delivered within 15 or 20 mins. The whole operation was amazing and the healing was much easier than I'd anticipated :) Just a bit of encouragement for you.

Unknown said...

you should not be allowed to write vagina on your blog...