Monday, January 26, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day.....

Well tomorrow is my first day back to work (well mabye). I am kind of sad. Not near as sad, or psycho, as I was with Ragon. That is probably because it is my second child. That and I am the luckiest gal in the world. My mother in law watches my kiddos while I am at work. So I don't have to worry about their safety. She totally respects our schedules and they LOVE spending time with their Mimi. It is good for me too to get out of the house. I am just sitting here stunned as I read this that my little man is THREE MONTHS OLD. I swear it was yesterday that we went running out of the house getting ready to have a baby!

Fortunately we had a great weekend before my first day back to work. On Friday we had dinner with Aunt Dee and Uncle Mike. Then I had a girls night with Kim where we went to see "Bride Wars"....but that is a whole different story that I do not plan to repeat. Lets just say we both slept until the movie ended....I know...we ROCK. Then Saturday we hopped out of bed, drove to OKC to meet the Shockleys at the Omniplex (we call it the OmniPlex, Kim calls it the Science Museum). Then off to Zios to meet Aunt Sarah. This was the first time the kids got to meet Aunt Sarah (David's Cousin) I could shoot myself that I didn't bring a camera - to take a pic of the kids with Sarah. On Sunday we did church and then home again. We had another showing, and I think we have a buyer people. A lot of details to hammer out, but I think we might have a buyer. I am so excited for our home to go to this woman. She is a single mom with a disabled child. So I would love for her to have this home, so I hope and pray it works!

Today - my last day of freedom I spent with my bloggie friend Kim. We went to Hobby Lobby and made drapes for her new baby. Kim hasn't picked a name for her child. So I think I will name the baby....lets call her.....Rebecca for now. (Kim likes old names - this is old right - 70's old - but old nonetheless!) Anyway - Kim and I made drapes for Rebecca's room. They ended up super cute. Hopefully she will post pics, but I have decided in the new house to redo Ragon's drapes...so they can be like hers!

All in all I am ready to go back to work, but it is sleeting. So who knows....

6 comments:

kim said...

No, silly...it's not Rebecca, it's Irma Jean!!!!

Thank you so much for not sharing the movie story!!

I owe you big big big time for making the drapes today! They are so adorable and are PERFECT!

Molly said...

I think you need to give more details of why you sweet ladies slept through the movie! Don't make it sound like you are two tired mommies needing a nap!

Good luck tomorrow!

Can't wait to hear about the house!

Mamma Cakes said...

I hope you have a great first day back! Maybe you won't have to go because of the ice!

Terra said...

I'm with Molly, I want the movie story! Hope your first day back was good...if you were brave enough to go out in the weather! Adorable curtains!!

patti said...

hope the 1st day back was good...if you got to go at all...looks rough from the pics on the news down here.

And drapes in a day??? i want to see pics!

Unknown said...

i am sure the first day back will be hard...it always is...even when you don't have two punkin cuties at home...i am thinking of you!