Saturday, January 31, 2009

This one is for my Mom....


















Well lately I have realized a lot of things about my own Mom. If you have met my Mom, you know what an incredible woman she is. She is absolutely beautiful on the outside. What is incredible is that once you get to know her, you will realize that she is more beautiful on the inside. I remember a lot of things from being a kid. And as a kid, I totally questioned some of the things that she did. But now that I am a Mom (FINALLY) I totally get her. Here are some of the things that I have realized!


#1 My Mom used to let my Dad get us up and take us to the ranch or farm all day and she would spend the day by herself. I used to feel SOOOO sorry for her and wonder if she was lonely? Hmmm....that one was answered by the first week I was a Mom....hello to the new meaning of alone time!


#2 When I was a kid, and I would get mad, I would tell my Mom that I wanted to run away. And I remember her telling me that she wanted to run away too. WHAT? Why in the world would she want to run away? We were awesome! All four of us! We were the coolest things on the block, and I could NOT imagine why she would want to leave! By the end of the first six weeks, I knew why my Mom had brief periods of wanting to pick the flight over the fight! (Come on - Mom's out there - You have been at this point!)


#3 I used to feel sorry for my Mom because she didn't get new clothes every season! And we were constantly getting new clothes for school (because we were growing - not because we had the money) As a Mom I can honestly say I am okay if I wear the same six suits to work for the rest of my life as long as my children have what they need. So I don't really feel sorry for her anymore, I just realize now how deeply she loved me.


Those are just the highlights of some things that have occurred to me lately as I wonder through this "Mom" time in my life. If you have not had a chance to meet my Mom, you need to. She has spent the first portion of her life raising her girls, and supporting my Dad in his business. Since we have all married and are out of the home, my Mom started a ministry at our church called Celebrate Recovery. This January they celebrated 7 years in Tulsa. She is the State Representative for Celebrate Recovery. This ministry has reached thousands of Oklahoman's and MY MOM started the first one in Oklahoma, seven years ago at our church. (This is a ministry started by Rick Warren).


To end it off, the following picture triggered me to write a post for my Mom. This evening we went to go look at lots of where we were going to build our new house. I was nursing Greyson, and David was supposed to be getting Ragon dressed. Unbenounced to me, SHE decided she was going to change clothes, and demanded that David comply. We typically let her pick between clothes, but today she wanted to pick on her own. Not a battle that needed fighting, David let her pick it out. Sister has NO taste. My mom's favorite story of me had to do with picking out something terrible to wear. I am sure it humiliated her to allow me in public like that. But she allowed me to be me. So here's to my Mom....I learned SO much from you.....and today, I let Ragon be Ragon......
































________________________________________





On another note, something exciting has happened! A whole 22 days since our house has been listed and can you read the sign???? SALE PENDING!!!! YEAH - Praise the Lord!!! So - we hope to close on March 6th, 2009 if all goes well. My sister, Laura Grunewald has a rockin real estate team and they sold my house in no time. If you are looking to sell, look no further! They are the real deal! Pray everything goes well from here on out! And call the number on the sign if you need a realtor!

10 comments:

kim said...

I'm kinda a little excited that you have sold your home! Can I say...NEW NEIGHBOR!!! Yippee!

What a sweet post about your momma! What an amazing woman she is!

Terra said...

I love your momma too! I secretly remembering wishing I could be a Murphy sister growing up so I could have your parents. Not that I don't love my own, but I can testify to how incredible your mom and dad are!
Congrats on the big sale! YIPPEE!!! I'm so happy for you guys...this calls for girl's night! Let's get this thing in the works!
I just told Chris the other day that I now know why I see little boys out in their Spiderman costumes...it's because you are right, it's not worth the fight. We are going through the "I pick out my own clothes" stage too! Ragon is cute no matter what she has on!

Molly said...

I love this post! Great post about mom...one that could go on and on!

CONGRATS on the house! I was just telling Blake that I didn't think it went through since I hadn't heard anything...must be you're busy packing!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow.... How awesome to read your sweet words, Beck! Know being the mom to you and your sisters has been the greatest joy, has been the most fulfilling experience and has taught me so much about life!! We are so blessed to be at this time in our lives and able to share such a rich life together as friends, too! Your dad and I are so excited your house SOLD and now waiting for the Francys to move in with us!! We LOVE watching you and David parent your precious little ones and will enjoy watching Ragon make you squirm as she continues to express her independence! I will be reminding you about the headband with the barretts clipped all the way around that you wore to kindergarten one day! Love, Mom

The Love Family said...

AGREED...our mom tops the list! I LOVE the story about Ragon...I love that sweet girl!!! Sean told me that he got to see her today - majorly jealous!!!

I love how you described mom, and agree with Molly that it could go on and on...her attributes are endless...

Love you!
Steph

Fether said...

Such a precious post about your Mom! She is an amazing woman of faith that I have been so blessed to know. She is such an encourager! I miss her sweet spirit so much. I love how each of you girls have similar attributes of your mom that make you all as beautiful as her! Wish I were raised the "Murphy Way"!!
You girls are amazing and make your Mom so proud...& it's obvious that she loves those lil babies to pieces!

Dee said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you for being honest about the emotions moms go through! On a side note that totally explains why Ragon got so frustrated when we were trying to get her to change for us...she was perfectly happy with what she had picked out for herself. You are a wonderful mom! Keep up the good work!

patti said...

I love it! I can relate to all 3, seriously!

Your mom sounds so awesome. I can tell just by reading your post and reading about celebrate recovery that she has a very giving and kind heart. I hope I get to meet her one day.

Ro said...

What a small world! I started reading your blog through Kim's list and just like that I realize I know your parents. Not personally but through CR. I love your parents, they are some of the greatest people I know and I am so thankful that they brought CR to Oklahoma. I actually attend at Asbury most of the time but I love visiting theirs too! Your mom is an awsome lady!
Congrats on the quick house sale!!

Anonymous said...

i loved reading this! my husband has been going to celebrate recovery for years! wow! also...your mother seems like a very neato mosquito...the picture on their wall with the four of you dressed in matching clothes was all i needed to realize there was something special about her! she speaks my momma dressing kidlets language!ha, ha! anyway...first time visiting kim's friend's bloggy! okay...just wanted to say hi! many blessings!