Monday, September 22, 2008

Husband, Friend, Daddy......STUD


Okay - so I have to brag. Let me start out by telling you that like all marriages - mine has not always been a piece of cake. Everyone goes through their ups and downs, if we are being honest. But we work hard to stick it out. But lately I have to say, I am married to the best man in the world. I am eight months pregnant, Type A, with an 18 month old who has her house for sale. I am NOT easy to deal with people. But my husband is precious. He does the dishes, vacuums, makes beds, cooks, cleans, washes windows, takes out the trash, pulls the weeds, etc. He is absolutely amazing. He has retouched the paint in our house, made repairs, laid new grass where our dogs dug holes in the backyard....he is just flat amazing. After a long day at work, he comes home and relieves me of Ragon, takes her to play, and then comes back, eats dinner, does the dishes, puts her to bed, then comes to the couch and rubs my feet until I fall asleep. The other day, my sisters had a surprise shower for me, my husband bought me a gift. He bought me a new pillow to help me sleep on my side and a cover (of course that matched my bedding b/c he is that kind of guy). He is the sweetest man, at church, when we pray, I feel him slide his hand around my very thick waist and rest it on my belly.....(his son). He works hard to support our family - so I can stay at home most of the time with our children. He is such a good provider. He is an amazing father. The other morning, Ragon decided that 5:30 a.m. was a good wake time, so he let me sleep and went and played with her. Anyway - my sister once reminded me that we are easy to gripe about our husbands and not very often do we brag on them. So today - I just want everyone to know....my husband is a stud.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Great post Becki! And your husband is a stud! How blessed are we to not only love our husbands but also have some pretty stinking amazing brother-in-laws that we'd do just about anything (legal) for.

Julie Reid said...

Hey Becki

Isn't is such a blessing to be at a point in life where your realize what blessing and a gift God has given you through your husband. I have to admit it took me a while to realize that God kept showing me this over and over again. Sometimes I'm a little hard headed (not that this runs in our family or anything). The first years of our marriage were sometimes a nightmare but we knew that God had brought us together and we have hung in there. I had been praying for a while to be a good & submissive wife,just like many of the women in the Bible. I was attending a women's retreat and it was like a light bulb went off. God had surrounded me with all different kinds of women in varying abusive realtionships. I felt so guilty! So ashamed that I had spoken so poorly of my husband. I began to think of all the things he has done for our family and the things he has put up with me and I just cried. Okay, I'm crying again. I felt the need to ask forgivness from him not to long ago and I can't believe what his response was. I asked him if he forgave me for all the stupid stuff I had done early on in our marriage and he said "only if you forgive me". Here he has been a wonderful husband, provider and friend and he's asking me to forgive him. I couldn't believe it. What love and devtion. Such a picture of Christ unconditional love for us. Anyhow, sorry I didn't mean to carry on forever. Thanks for your blog it was such a great reminder to think about all the wonderful things that man in our lives do for us. Love ya and miss ya. Julie

The Love Family said...

Yes, David is a STUD!! I am so blessed to have the most amazing brothers-in-law!!! I really love Greg, David and Blake!!!

Thank you for writing that - it blessed me!

I love the Francy's!!
Steph

The Scott Gang said...

Hello. I came across your blog from Kim's page. Sometimes I click on peoples name because I get curious about the person whose note I am reading. I had to leave you a comment! I too can be very quick to judge my hubby on certain things. I have to stop myself and take a look at what he does for our family. He gets up at dawn to go to work, returns home around 7 or so. He allows me to stay home with our 4 kids. I feel so lucky as well. Your husband sounds like a great guy. Thanks Hubbys!!!

kim said...

Becki, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog...it truly blessed my day! I am repeatedly amazed at how small this world really is! :) Your family is precious and I look forward to having you as a neighbor!! We love the 'hood!!