Friday, July 25, 2008

My Vintage Big Girl


Okay. So since I have become mostly a stay at home mom. I have developed some obsessions. I guess I should say I haven't really much developed obsessions, as I have changed. My old obsessions? Jury Trials, Court, Suits, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor...and SHOES...My new obsessions? Well for starters, bargain shopping. I love a good deal, as a matter of fact, I can't even bring myself to pay full price for anything anymore. I challenge myself to not spend a dime on things, for example: redecorating Ragon's room. I have sold stuff on e-bay, and craigslist, and so far I have not spent a dime redecorating Ragon or Greyson's room. I made my own curtains, bought the bedspread from wal-mart - don't judge til you see the pics!


My other obsession is buying Ragon clothes. If you don't have a girl, you do not understand how cute the clothes can be. My favorite line is My Vintage Baby...Ragon isn't a baby...so it was My Vintage Big Girl...anyway - a link to their website is on my blog. Their clothes are to die for. Literally...you must sell an arm or a leg to purchase them. I buy them used, in thrift stores, if I can find them or on e-bay. The pic is one of my fav outfits. Also - I am finishing up her big girl room, so pics are soon to be posted. I know...you are holding your breath with anticipation!


One more great find, just added a blog to my website. If you want to make the most adorable easy drapes, log on to the nesting place (on my blog list) this lady walks you through step by step to make drapes...and no people you don't have to sew, just have a glue gun. Worth a look!

2 comments:

Terra said...

Becky,
This is Molly's friend, Terra. Thanks for the tip of The Nesting Place. I LOVE IT. I am NOT "Martha Stewart" at all and her tips are wonderful!! Your little girl is a doll!

Giles Family said...

Becki,
I came across your blog through Laura's and I'm so glad I did! You own a wealth of information! I just spent a good 30 minutes lost in the nesting place blog.
I filled in last week for the usual teachers in Ragon's class during worship care and she was so sweet. She saw Kim Owens across the hallway and cried and cried until she was in Kim's arms. She spent the rest of worship time with Kim and Dave and their kids. She is an adorable child!