Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In My Shoes....



One of the most wonderful things about having a daughter is that she want's to follow in my shoes. As fun as that is, when taken seriously, it is a big task. So I think about who's shoes I wanted to fill, when I was little. It was most definetly my mother's. I remember putting on her shoes and walking around the house. I so wanted to grow up to be a "mom". I wanted to be so much like her. I still do.


So today, I want to pray and remind myselft to take so seriously the example I set for my daughter. I hope that she grows up and wants to be like me, my mother, and the women in my family. I hope that she wants to draw close to Christ and sees those same characteristics in me and our extended family. I also included a picture of her in her Daddy's garb....she also very much wants to be with him at all times. He is such a good man, father, husband and partner. Everything he does as a father contributes to her self confidence....and it makes me love him more.


No comments: