Friday, July 18, 2008

Advice, Recipes and Prayer....


First, I have to tell you my most ingenious (yes, that was spelled right, I checked!) idea. I, like other Mom's am a reader when it comes to parenting. So, my frustration? Getting my husband to read the same book so we are on the same page. My sister recently gave me a book, "Love and Logic", I LOVE it!!! And it works like a charm, my problem, my husband and I are parenting/disciplining in different ways. And I kept thinking, if he would JUST read the stinking book. So I decided, being that I am controlling....how can I MAKE him read it? I schemed up an idea. I went into our bathroom, took out all of the magazines and books from the toilet area and simply placed the "Love and Logic" book there. To be sweet, I gave him his own bookmark....funny enough...he is READING it! Why? I know, because he has nothing else to read, but what do I care....we are on the same page....is this wrong?


Second, dinner. Now I love a good crock pot recipe. I spend the entire day, chasing a one year old, doing dishes, dishes, dishes, laundry, etc. So I am posting one of my family's favorite recipes. If you comment...share your easy crock pot recipe.


4 boneless skinless chicken breast frozen

1 can of corn (drained)

1 can of black beans (drained)

1 cup salsa

1 pack of taco seasoning (I sometimes don't add this)

1 8oz stick of cream cheese


Put the first five in, cook 6-8 hours, until done, then add cream cheese and cook one more hour. Serve over rice! It is so good, kids will love it.


Third, my sister is going through adopting her third child. A baby GIRL. The mom is due in two weeks, my sister gets to meet her Monday. Please pray she continues with her plan of adoption.


Finally - here is a picture of Ragon and Cate, we went to see the ducks....they loved it...anyone ever notice how much ducks poop? I was going to let them out, but they had pooped everywhere!

1 comment:

Molly said...

AWESOME! We are so much alike about the whole trying to get our husbands to read our parenting books and get on board with our great ideas! I didn't try to make him read it because I knew he wouldn't so I just told him what to do. That's not any better, probably worse, but I loved that we had the same controlling mindset! Love the recipe and thanks for asking others to pray for us!