Sunday, March 22, 2009

Stinker....

Tonight David put Ragon to bed, and after about fifteen minutes she started whining and crying. I decided to go check in on her. As I walked into the "bunkhouse" she was looking under her pillow for her "bunny". I told her I would help her, and I looked around, had her lay down and placed bunny back in her arms, where she belonged. She started jibbering to me, so I leaned down to hear her sweet whispers. When I leaned over her tiny little body, she reached up and wrapped her arms around my neck and held on. In that moment, I LOVED being a mom. To be held in the arms of your toddler, feeling her soft warm breath on my cheek, smelling the baby lotion skin....well, you know how great it feels. So, with tears in my eyes, and a lump in my throat, I whispered into her ear, "I love you baby doll"...and I just rested my head next to hers....then those chubby little arms squeezed me even closer and pulled my ear to her mouth, and she sweetly whispered, "Annie". 

Yes I have a two year old....she can't seem to obey a single directive, but she can remember that I promised to buy her the movie Annie to replace the one I lost. What a life....I love TWO! 
_____________________________________________________________
Pray for my girlfriends sweet boy major, he is having surgery tomorrow to remove a lump from his leg. 

6 comments:

Terra said...

You are so right. It's in those moments I want to push the pause button and stay forever! So sweet!

Courtney said...

So funny!!! She can be a stinker....but she is precious!! Hey how do I add the adoption link to my website??? Girlfriend needs some help..

love yall.

courtney

Al's World said...

How sweet is your little girl..i love to be hugged by Andrew, it is an awesome feeling...she is a doll!

Molly said...

So glad you posted this to remember her sweetness. She is so sweet and so stinking smart. Does she remind you at all of her mother? Because I can't look at her and not just see you...and I didn't even know you then! She is ALL BECKI!

kim said...

So Ty was asking for his becki tonight... :) and then the next thing he said was "mommy, I eating my nose" yes, I have a booger eater now....boys are nasty!

I love that girl, she is too funny! the sun will come out...tomorrow

justme said...

So priceless, and the best is yet to come!!