Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dress For Less - Kid Couture!

I am always trying to dress for less. I am an attorney and I gave up the job and the income to stay at home with my two special miracles! I guess I didn't totally give it up, I work two days, but for the most part...I don't work. So I have to find ways to dress for less. One of my favorite Bloggers Kelly challenged us to teach how we dress for less. My first answer is towards my kids. My children wear resale clothes! But I just have to tell you that I get compliments wherever we go on their clothes. I go to a huge sale hosted by Just Between Friends. But if you are into kids clothes, my daughter only wears Gap, My Vintage Baby, Baby Lulu, ZaZa Couture, Baby Nay, Leopard Daisey, Gymboree, etc. And I have purchased it ALL used at consignment! I wish I had a picture of an outfit to post! But you will have to use your imagination! I don't have my cord to my camera! 

As for me....well I do shop some consignment. But after Kelly started posting, I have shopped a ton at Walmart and Target. My new fav find. Girls for $7.49 check out this adorable dress. They have it in all sizes....well until enough people buy it! How cute! Sorry I can't get it to cut and paste...but I think you can throw it with leggings in the winter or high boots, or sandals in the summer on a cooler day! Anyway - have a great week. 

More updates on the house to come soon, I hope! And - please continue to pray for our dear friends the Bevins Family.

3 comments:

Lauren Bergmann said...

Hi!
I was reading your blog from Kelly's and saw that you love kids couture. You have beautiful children. I own a children's boutique online and you should check it out. If you mention this comment we will give you 20% off. Hope to hear from you soon. Go to www.cottoncandytutus.com

Cotton Candy Tutus
Owner
Lauren Bergmann

dawn said...

thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment!!! the pictures on my blog were taken by some talented photographer friends - i can take no credit for that.

your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!
i was doing a little reading on your blog and your story of your sweet sweet family!! what a blessing! God has been so faithful. it looks like our babies are just a few weeks apart. my baby girl was born oct. 6, 2003.

lastly, i found the bevin's blog from kelly's korner blog and have been praying for them all week.

thanks for visiting my blog!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog. So glad I ran across it in my blog reading.

I am new to the blog world and have so much to learn.

When you have some time, stop by for a visit!

Teresa