Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Everything...

Last night I went to a praise and worship concert. It was MUCH needed. You see my Daddy had an angiogram yesterday, and the results....well they weren't what I would have liked. Next week he will have open heart surgery...more like bypass surgery. So I am a little stunned, okay a lot stunned. My Dad is the picture of health and always has been. So it would be an understatement to say that this has rocked my boat. So last night I needed to see God, and I mean really see him and feel his presence. We sang a song and the words were "You're my Everything"....it occurred to me that God is my everything. It isn't my finances, my job, my friends or even my family. I cannot not forge through this without My God. And he will see me through this, he will see my Dad through this, and he will hold my sweet family in the palm of his hands. That isn't to say I am not scared, in fact I am. I know God had a plan and it isn't always my plan. But he has a plan nonetheless, and I want to follow it, regardless of the pain it might or might not cause me. If you know my Dad you would know this is what he would want too. He doesn't want to be the most important thing in my world....he wants it to be God. But every part of my heart is screaming for God to save my Daddy....I think that is only natural. But in the end, I want Gods will, as does all of my family.

So this week, pray for two things. My Dad is having surgery and we pray it goes smoothly, and my sweet sister Laura is expecting Luke any day now. And I know this is VERY hard on her as she wants to be able to help, and is going to be needing a significant amount of help herself. So pray for my family for the next few weeks. Expect few posts, but a lot of need for prayer.

Also a special thanks to Kim for going to the concert with me yesterday. I desperately needed someone to stand by me as I cried for two hours. I am sure it was such the uplifting experience for her! But she was a trooper and it was a huge help for me to just have a good cry. You know what I mean? Anyway - thanks for the prayers, we really need them right now. 

14 comments:

Fether said...

Becki....I'll be praying...This is a shocker for your family about your Dad! I am shocked! Please keep us updated on both your Dad & Laura!
Please let us know if there is anything you need!
Fether

dawn said...

i will be praying for you and your family.

Molly said...

Love this post. I think its the first time I've cried about it all. I am so thankful that it wasn't worse, that I have not let myself be sad. But it is sad just thinking of dad going through all of this when he's taken such great care of himself.

Thanks for asking for everyone to pray. I love you and am sorry I couldn't be at the concert with you. I am just in that time of my life when I have to give up somethings because of where we are with Blake's work. I can't dump my family on you all constantly, it's just not right even if you all do offer. It's just not right. I love you and would have LOVED to cry it out with you last night. So glad Kim could be there for you.

Terra said...

I am so sorry about your dad. I will be praying for him and Laura! I love a good cry and especially in the presence of our almighty Father. Love ya!

Ro said...

I will be praying for you, your family and your daddy. He is such an awsome man of God and special to so many people. Glad you got a good cry, that usually seems to help :) Cry Out to Jesus!!!

Al's World said...

I am praying, I am so glad that you go a lot out of the concert last night, it was amazing! I am so glad to meet Kim, i hope that I didn't make a fool of myself! Please if I can do anything then please let me know, I love your family so!

ACL said...

Praying for you ALL! Love you guys!

Mamma Cakes said...

I will be praying for you and your family!!!

Giles Family said...

Definitely praying for you and your family! You all are so precious to us...I'm glad to be getting to know you and hear your heart even if it's only through blog posts :)

Unknown said...

"When I am afraid,
I put my trust in you." (ESV) Psalm 56:3

Becki, this passage really helped me last week. It is crazy how life seems to change before our eyes in a week. Our God loves your Dad & Laura more than we could ever imagine. Please know the Russells are faithfully praying.

kim said...

Thank you so much for nudging me along to go last night! I was so tickled to look down the isle and see you and your momma and sisters all worshiping the exact same way, with your hands clasped together over your hearts! I loved it!

Know that I am praying for your precious family in the coming days and weeks!

Brklacich Family said...

Tony and I are here for you. We were both stunned. I know your dad when want us to stay strong and believe. So, that is what we will do. Tell Steve we love him and we will be there for you guys in everyway. Love you!

Shelley said...

We love your Daddy and will be praying for his health. Please let him know. ~shel and keith

patti said...

You are in my prayers and your entire family. Glad you had some time to cry and worship. Big hugs my friend~