Friday, August 14, 2009

Design Star....

Really people. I should be on design star....the garage sale version. So I went to a store that I am coming to LOVE. It is called IO Metro. As I have said in previous posts, this house is much more contemporary than any house we have lived in. SO, I really had to start over with decor. I went to IO to find some art. I came across a really cool bambo screen thingy. It was a lot more than I really wanted to spend. In addition, I really needed the big one...and that was pricey. So I decided to make it on my own. (And when I say on "my" own, I really mean "our" - the hubby helped). So here it is kiddos.




Here is the screen I wanted:





















Here is the screen I made as it is in my dining room:

I can't believe I am asking this! What do you think? Just so you know...the real version cost a whopping $199.....but the Francy version....$39.99 (actually fifty - but I have $10 worth of stuff to return!)

7 comments:

kim said...

love it, and it even looks better in person ;0

Mamma Cakes said...

Very Cool! You did a great job! Girl, Post some pics of your house already!!!!!

Dee said...

very nice! you are so crafty!

Molly said...

I wanna see more! I can't believe I didn't get over there this weekend. So sad. Love the picture and can't believe you did that so much cheaper. Doesn't that make you feel good? Now that is being a good steward of your money!

Karissa said...

So crafty.... Never thought you'd be the Murphy girl with all the creativity! ha-ha!!!! Luv you tons.
Karissa

patti said...

i love it...wish we lived in the same town so we could do projects together. :) can't wait to see pics of the house!!!

bristle family said...

I just love your house! So glad we got to get together yesterday. I always enjoy our time together. Thanks for listening to me! Love you! :)