Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Earmuffs....

Did you watch Old School? Earmuffs is what they said to the kids so that they would not listen to the following conversation. So for those of you who can't handle the word cervix or vagina....EARMUFFS. Okay - so a couple of weeks ago I had my annual Pap. So much fun....you know the drill. The doctor tells you to scooch down....a little father .....ok... a little father. This is hard for me...Sticking my privates in someone's face, albeit my excellent physician, is just not ladylike! But I do it....Anywho - after my pap, I got the dreaded letter. My pap was abnormal, and I have to go in for further "testing". So today, again, I go in for a little "look see" on the old cervix to see what is going on with "old girl" as I lovingly call her. I was hoping that the doctor would not have to do a biopsy. But yet again, I failed the test and the doctor saw some inflammation and did a biopsy. I will get the results on Thursday. Please pray that these come back ok. It appears I might have some precancerous cells growing on my cervix.  I hate the C word. For now, my doctor says don't worry. So I am not worrying. I do have an excellent physician. But at the rate I am going on this "test taking" thing, I just might not pass this test either! Anywho - I will update thursday...so what do I want? When you are praying, throw a couple up on behalf of my vagina. That was for my friend, Val. She hates the word vagina. (For those of you who are Type A, I realize my vagina is different than my cervix - I just like to make Val cringe). 

9 comments:

kim said...

ouchy magee. I am sorry that your doctor had to manhandle your cervix today. I will pray pray pray that everything is a-okay. Hey that rhymed. :)

Seriously, keep us posted... will be praying.

Al's World said...

Will be praying sister! Didn't Laura have the same thing? I am so sorry you had to go through the whole "you are not far enough down" thing, I HATE that! Keep us posted...love you!

Kathy Hitchcock said...

Praying for you sweet friend.

dawn said...

i will be praying for you becki!!!

Julie Reid said...

Hey Kiddo!! Don't worry about it.

But I will say this is something that runs in our family (ie. Grandy, your Mom, Mary Anne, & myself and probably many more) and worst case you will need to have a hysterectomy which hasn't been all that bad. I had one 9 years ago and pretty much have had 108 blissful months with no period and no mood swings too (ok for the most part I stay in a good mood).

The only bad thing was when Brittany started her period (and yes Ragon will too one day) I was completely unprepared! But it still makes us laugh (I'll tell you about that later).

Anyhow, I'll be praying for ya but everything will be just fine.

Fether said...

Wow...the all dredded yrly!
We'll be praying for you and that old girl w/ be fine!!

Terra said...

Praying for you friend! My sister had the same thing happen to her and she is A-OK! I am believing the same thing for you! Keep us posted!

Brklacich Family said...

holy cow! you could have called! You are in good hands with Dr. T though!

Unknown said...

i have been on a work trip and am behind...so yes, i am not a fan of the V out loud...we like to refer to it as the HOO in our house...will start praying...you are loved!