Friday, February 20, 2009

1 Samuel 1:27



1 Samuel 1:27 (New International Version)
27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.







It took me almost three years to have my first child, Ragon. And she is TWO today. Wow - time flies. So today on her 2nd Birthday I want to tell you my fifteen most favorite things about Ragon....



15. Her sweet smile really does light up a room.

14. She loves for me to hold her and when she wants David or I to hold her she walks up and says, "hold you"?

13. She loves her family, and when she sees them it is as if she hasn't seen them in years. She will squeal and run up to them yelling their name. Even if it was yesterday that she saw them!

12. She loves to dance. She will come up to me and say "Jack Offbach" (that is Jaques Offenbach) on starfall, we play the "Can Can" song, and she, David and I dance away!

11. She loves to sing. We sing "this little light of mine" and when it comes to the "hide it under a bushel" she so cutely shouts "NO"....

10. She loves her brother. She is the security guard for Greyson. She doesn't like people she doesn't know touching her brother.

9. She loves starfall. She is a smart little girl, she sings ABC, counts to 15 and can tell you the sound of every letter in the alphabet.

8. She is obedient. Although my child is such the spitfire! She obeys well. She - to this day- will put herself in time out. If I tell sister to go, she will go. She follows instructions well. Now we just have to work on sharing and hitting!

7. Everywhere she goes, she is in a hurry (she got this from me). She literally runs from point A to point B.

6. She is a talker. She talks pretty well for a two year old. (Albeit, not like a Shockley) But she can say a lot. The other day, she pointed to the sky and said, "I see the moon". I laughed because it was broad daylight...but low and behold....the moon!

5. She loves to play "mommy". She has four dolls now and proceeds to carry them ALL around the house. She burps them, feeds them and rocks them. She will be such a good mommy one day!

4. She loves her daddy! If he is here, he is definitely her choice of person to hang with.

3. When we tuck her in at night, she looks at David and I and pats the pillow and says "sit down"....and she won't pray her prayers unless we are all there!

2. One day I was singing in the car, and I looked in my rear view mirror. I was singing a praise song. I look back and Ragon was sitting there with her fingers in her mouth and the other hand was in the air......praising the Lord right along with me.

1. The one thing that I love most about my daughter, is that when I see her every morning, I am reminded, that God can preform miracles.....

8 comments:

Fether said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Ragon!!
Precious post Becki...I remember how excited you were when you got the "all clear" for your pregnancy. God does work miracles and your two beautiful babies are living proof!
Love you!

Molly said...

I love it! Great list! Every one of these made me smile and is oh-so true! Cracking up at the talking like a Shockley!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Terra said...

I am so glad God performs miracles and you got your sweet babies! He is good!
Had fun Thursday night. Kylan won't take his pink glasses off and LOVES the pink gum.
We got Ragon the Praise DVD, because I remember you telling me she liked to dance and I was hoping she might enjoy it. Hope it isn't cheezy!!

kim said...

I am so bummed that we missed that sweet little one's bday. Really bummed. She is a doll and I am glad that Ty has a new girlfriend! :O

Thanks for all your help last night...the room looks suh.weet.

Dee said...

She is an amazing little person! I love that I get to call her my niece...she warms my heart!

Shelley said...

precious thoughts captured to share with her someday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ragon!!!!

Courtney said...

How Sweet!!! She is soo precious!! I cant believe it has been 2 years!! Wow!!! We are soo happy for you! You have been truly blessed!! We love you!

Courtney and Jake