Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Minnie.....Me

I got to spend the weekend with my "sissies".....aka my sisters. We had so much fun. We drove to Branson...talked the entire way, and then spent three whole days shopping. It was so much fun. We ate WAY too much Mexican food, and shopped until we literally could shop no more! It was fun, but one of the most fun times, for me at least, was talking with my Momma and sisters. At one point, they were telling me how much they have enjoyed my Ragon. They just told me how much "light" she brings into their lives. How special she makes them feel when they walk into a room. That she always has a smile, is constantly laughing and squeals when she sees you when it has been a whole five minutes sinces she has seen your face!


Ragon- You are the light of your parent's lives. You make us laugh constantly. Your smile and little personality keep us on our toes. Although you definitely have an opinion and like to be heard, you are such a good little girl and make so many good decisions. Although you don't always make the right decisions, you are such a big girl in handling your consequences.


For those of you who either don't know me well (or as a child) or who haven't met Ragon -she is really a "minnie me". She looks like I did (althought that is becoming less and less true) but with brown hair and darker skin. Her personality is almost exactly the same. She can be a toot just like her momma! But this little girl, is the apple of her Daddy's eye. They are two peas in a pod and are hard to seperate. She is such a "Daddy's Girl". I really have no idea what these two would do without eachother. Seeing him love on her makes me love him that much more.


It just got me to thinking how special this little girl is.....and the picture just fit. Here is my "minnie". (outfit courtesy of Noonie) And in case you are wondering, yes...we wear the outfit a lot and yes...she has made numerous requests to wear the minnie mouse shoes in public...and no....I don't let her.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... I think she SHOULD be able to wear the shoes anywhere she wants!! I can't wait to see her in this and just love the pic!! Give her a kiss from me... I so loved the weekend and the time with my girls! We are so blessed and I'm so thankful we to my sons for taking care of NINE of my grandchildren so we could go... Love you all.. Noonie

dawn said...

she is such a cutie pie!!! isn't it fun to have a minnie-you?

Molly said...

SERIOUSLY...that picture is to die for cute! It is SO Ragon captured in that picture. And she does look exactly like you at that age...even the hair and skin.

One of my favorite moments of this trip was you singing Birthday, Birthday Ragon style to Laura. I will never forget that! Oh and...we gotta figure out what Kim and Terra do to keep you up past 9. What was that about? You weren't even pregnant this time...or were you? Ha!

kim said...

hmmmm, I saw sweet Ragon with her minnie shoes on yesterday in the car with her daddy! :) Love the minnie costume!

Laura said...

I am glad that the minnie shoes made it out of the house. After all, mom did let you out of the house in some pretty hidious headband/barette combos that you did!

Love the costume, AND the look of pure excitement on her face! I think she should be able to wear it to church! Hee hee!

Laura said...

I am glad that the minnie shoes made it out of the house. After all, mom did let you out of the house in some pretty hidious headband/barette combos that you did!

Love the costume, AND the look of pure excitement on her face! I think she should be able to wear it to church! Hee hee!

Oh and I totally agree with Molly about your dance for me on my birthday. I was trying to explain it to Greg and tell him how funny it was, but then I picture you doing it in my head and I just can't do the story justice!

patti said...

Is she not he cutest little girl that I haven't met yet! my fingers are still crossed that I"ll make it up that way sometime...no soon but sometime.

b- she is so adorable and I love reading about her. That post will mean so much to her one day.

any kamp flashbacks while in branson? any urge to go do laundry??

Unknown said...

DARLING!

bristle family said...

Oh how precious! She is just adorable! Addison had so much fun with Ragon the other day. We will have to plan another play date soon. Thanks for being so good to me these past few months. I really have enjoyed our time together!

justme said...

Awww ... let her wear the shoes!